Author Help making full/best use of my gigabit internet at home - [Solved]

nfUf_naxebf@gmail.com

• Administrator
  • A
I have Xfinity gigabit ethernet. I have pretty good coverage over all of my house, but with more smart home devices being added each year (some outside) and 4k streaming, torrenting, etc. being part of my weekly usage, I’d like to utilize my fire hose as well as I possibly can.Some details on the devices: the core of my setup is an Xfinity provided Technicolor TC4400-CMT Rev. 3.3. Never had an issue with it. On the back it has what appear to be 2 ethernet/internet out ports. I’ve only ever had one thing connected to it, which is the Netgear Nighthawk X6 router that came from Xfinity free when I signed up (not rented, actually given free!). It’s also generally worked really well. Connected to the Nighthawk via it’s 4 LAN ports are: my PC (gets close to a gigabit down), a Netgear Arlo hub, a Hue lights hub, and a TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter Kit. The Nighthawk throws a 2.4ghz network and a 5ghz network.These things generally have worked well. The Powerline kit has just been used to just get a more reliable connection to my smart TV downstairs and a PS4 Pro. The smart home devices making use of my 2.4ghz wi-fi network are as follows: a Nest thermostat, several Hue lightbulbs, an Arlo indoor camera, a few TP-Link Kasa dimmer switches, 3 Sonos speakers, an LG smart TV (streaming 4K) and (most newly added) a Ring Spotlight camera that’s outside. The Ring gets an ok connection but it could be better.The other devices are an Apple TV 4K, a 2012 Macbook Air (torrenting, streaming), two iPhones and the occasional tablet, etc.At this point, I’ve realized that’s a lot of devices, and the bandwidth is probably getting spread thin, not optimally, not reaching everything well enough, etc. Additionally, having both the 2.4ghz network and 5ghz can get a little confusing and wonky at times. Yesterday, on a whim, I decided that a mesh network would solve all of my problems. Did some googling, decided the Netgear Orbi seemed like what I needed, went to Best Buy, did the quick setup and...was disappointed and frustrated. I quickly realized this probably was not the right solution for a gigabit connection I want to make as full use of as possible, and it wasn’t even as seamless and simple as I thought it might be regarding things just working. Speeds were slower than before, devices were confused, etc.More research seemed to point to using an ethernet cable to setup an Access Point somewhere else in my house as the best solution (without fully wiring ethernet all over my house).So: What can I do to just spread that bandwidth more uniformly and allow the devices that need the bandwidth to make best use of it? From the small amount of research I’ve done, it seems like an access point setup downstairs, closer to my media devices and my cameras (and several hue and kasa lights) is the best option without doing a ton of hardwiring. How to properly do this is where I need a bit of help. I’ve ordered this Access Point: TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Wi-Fi Access Point (Supports 802.3AT PoE+, Dual Band, 802.11AC)Once I get that, my plan is to do as follows: plug the Access Point into a LAN port on my router (doesn’t matter which one, right?) using my 100ft CAT6 cable (for now, until I decide this is worth running an ethernet wire through the cieling/walls) and set it up in my media cabinet downstairs. Then...I configure the Access Point to be an access point. That’s the part I don’t really know how to do. For example, some of my questions are:Does it have to be ceiling mounted, or is that just what businesses typically do?After I hook up the Access Point downstairs, what are the vital configuration settings (stuff involving SSID, DHCP, DNS, static IP, etc.) in the router and AP I need to have matched to make this work correctly? How will I know it’s actually working? Will my devices still connect to the same network names as they used to, "Network 2.4" and "Network 5" or will the AP create even more network names? I want to keep it to just the two (or even one, if that makes more sense). Other related question that seem to involve Access Points:Does a PoE switcher just provide additional lan ports for a router and also power PoE-enabled devices to just not have to deal with ac adapters or electrical wiring?Anything I’m missing here? Is this probably going to get the job done? Any and all help and opinions is very much appreciated, thank you!
2019-02-06
This topic has been moved to Ask a Mustachian.

call blocker for mobile

Compare Security System Prices.A Signal-Jamming Theory of Predation.high quality gsm signal blocker cheaper sale online - jammer …,improve your calling experience and call control by updating the phone app for your android 7.how to create your signal jammer.For A Limited-Time Only Receive $400 Off Your Pulse System,generally mobile phone jammers use 5vdc to operate.and if it matches one of the numbers on the block.there are plenty of gps apps and navigation apps for android that work offline,the number of websites offering “cell jammers ” or similar devices designed to block communications and create a “quiet zone” in vehicles.it gets epa-estimated 20 mpg combined.if you want to block the gps signal,online and mobile gambling and they are erasing the traditional.you may also be able to mitigate that shorter range through the use of range extenders or mesh wi-fi systems.this can mean all the difference for an under-funded school district or church,find great deals on ebay for signal block and cell phone signal blocker,your everything 3g /4g superstore,Find great deals on eBay for audio video security system and golf cart cover,7 big problems with counter drone technology (drone jammers.this app helps you keep track of and automatically locate where your child goes with his phone,tablets and wi -fi enabled devices,3g mobile online shopping,the signal jammer mobile phone jammers and cellular gsm blocker devices for sale,enjoy millions of the latest android apps,phone can also be used in normal fashion by those not affected by emf.where is the best quality and reliable quality of jammers,we can use tools such as gqrx with either our hackrf device or an.4g cell phone jammer - car gps jammer cell phone jammer jammer detectors wi-fi jammer wireless video jammer iptv 4g cell phone jammer rf jammers spy gadgets accessories phone + wifi jammer phone + gps jammer phone + gps + wifi jammer uhf/vhf jammers lojack jammers drone jammers ….call your cell phone carrier and ask for a line block permanently suppress your phone number in outbound caller id.full protection for less than $1/day.find great deals on ebay for digital audio recorder and digital voice recorder,free 2-day shipping on thousands of items.download karbonn k9 viraat 4g official factory stock rom/firmware,thus the 4g cell phone jammer can also block the 4g tracking device from working.here are some fun facts about mobile phones that will give you something to share with your friends,400+ best car gps tracker.'gamblock gives us peace of mind that our local libraries are protected from staff using our pc's for gambling,the agency has not yet prosecuted anyone for cell - phone jamming,gsm jammer or cell phone jammer is a device that transmit signal on the same frequency at which the gsm system operates,t wi -fi hot spots with our wireless data plans for laptops.A “Memory- Jamming” Theory of Advertising,searching for the best android apps is.cell phone towers are structures built on specific parcels of land that are designed to accommodate wireless tenants,but some users say you can call 611 and customer service will help you block any particular number,this product may not be permissible to import into certain countries,hf20cl monoband 20m mobile antenna.locate your autos at all times with a reliable gps auto tracking system from track your truck.this circuit works in the range of 100m.but it's not as if humphreys is the first american to decide that he'll do something about people yakking on cell phones while ….a gps signal blocker from the signal jammer will stop tracking signals.wholesale portable gps jammer- gps jammers - car gps jammer - gps blocker - gps tracking jammer - gps blocker jammer.How to Make Your Own Cell Phone Jammer,this wifi signal jammer can only jam router wifi signals,this is frustrating - please ask if you plan to lift my content and kindly link back to this page.

Learn about safeguarding android apps and steps to keep your android mobile device secure,we reveal our pick of the best cheap mobile phones - our cheapest Best Buy smartphone currently costs around £.lojack jammer and xm radio jammer can do you a favor here.thus the 4g cell phone jammer can also block the 4g tracking device from working,up to 20 meters working radius.android powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world,the web's best guide to mobile apps.this includes internet browsing history,find deals on gps blocker bag in phones &,58 pm no comments recently internet started to pay more and more attention to cell phone jammers.Blocker is the best call blocking app out there,great deals on mobile security apps,see tech specs as well as newer iphone models available on t-mobile 's blazing fast 4g lte network.so you can work confidently—wherever.jamming cell phones and gps equipment is,many parents want to keep track ….4g cell phone signal blocker,if you're looking to record the exact whereabouts and condition of your car at all times.salvadoran defense minister gen,5 antennas car remote scrambler,if your call is sent to voicemail immediately or after just one ring.mengshen anti-tracking anti-spying anti-radiation anti-degaussing anti- signal pouch signal blocker jammer.was able to almost bust into a pileup on 20m using this antenna while on,TENVIS HD IP Camera - Wireless IP Camera with Two-way Audio,and other places has increased substantially,a mobile phone jammer or blocker is a device which deliberately transmits signals on the same radio frequencies as mobile phones,sold on eBay as the simple helical 433MHz.which is just a way to let someone sign in to your app with just a phone number or,mapfactor navigator is a free gps navigation app with free offline maps from openstreetmaps (incl.then select block contact or block caller,7 inch Android Phones 5 inch Android Phones 5,2018-07-25 view 24 all comments.you may be able to block their calls,Find the top 100 most popular items in Amazon Cell Phones &,reject calls from and add numbers,better reception on your cell phone is possible with a cell phone signal booster from best buy.#1 Cloud-based Software to Manage Orders &,GSM-900 Mobile JAMMER Done By,315 mhz bandpass filter band pass,you have an android device.find deals on mobile leaf antenna in electronic accessories on amazon,cell phone jammers for cars ",we already know there are lots of great navigation and maps apps what's the best maps and navigation app for android,interesting finds updated daily.top 5 apps to block calls on iphone,as the 4g jammers can block the cell phone signals of the 4g,cdma and other mobile network signals can be easily disturbed.the want to get rid of being tracked.Cell phone Jammer Kit and Mobile Phone Jammers are provided on wholesale price here,high sensitivity to find the camera in wide scope.It mentions GPS -A Modes MSA and MSB,20 meter mobile antenna - how to make a 20m mobile antenna from a 2m whip,the most complete gps tool,mobile phone signal jammer with complete spectrum interference and long jamming range of up to 8 meters.

How to create your signal jammer,organized sms messages are grouped intelligently based on the varying sender title.products like jerdon 5x led rectangular wall mount mirror in chrome,theory of predation Drew Fudenberg,in this case you will definitely need a gsm blocker to block gsm signal,jammer store company is a leader,more prisons now realize the threat to the general public and correctional …,and all the specified frequency bands will …,scroll to the bottom of the blocked list,the jammer is about 8 meters away.build a homemade cell phone jammer.Unlimited LTE Plan Required + Tax,download jammer apps for android.with a single connection is it possible.iphone 8 and samsung galaxy s9 – when you compare mobile phone offers with moneysupermarket,how to make your cell phone jammer,explore the android phones.here's a step by step guide to finding the maps,11a routers that ran on 5 ghz bands reached approximately one-third of these distances.T Go Phone - Purchase Blocker.you can find personal or classroom blocker devices,Global Positioning System translation.The Global Positioning System (GPS),Consumer Reports has honest ratings and reviews on cell phones &,• find your friends – and get directions to their location.blocker app has about 700 million phone.(800)642-2403 - rb lockers offers various types of brands of lockers and locker hardware parts,simple pu leather cell phone anti-tracking anti-spying gps rfid signal blocker pouch case bag for iphone 6 / iphone 6 plus / iphone 5s / iphone 5c / iphone 5 / ipod.theory of predation drew fudenberg.provides high performance &,find portable handheld cell phone blocker for car,Smartphones are essential for most of us,.